Rachael in GSO

Just a blog about my life, my knitting, my dogs, and my general state of confusion.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

An idea

okay. so here is the sweater from interweave knits winter 2006 - the rambling rose cardigan, which I love - but that one is WAY over the top for me.

So here is what I think. I have some gorgeous malabrigo that I've been looking for a project for.
And here's my little design sketch. I think I wasn't clear on where the colors would be. The cable panel in the front & back and on the sleeves would be blue. The base of the sleeves and the sides would be purple.
and here's the cable I want to use from Vogue Knitting.
so - two things. 1. opinions please! 2. how much of each color??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the simplification of the pattern down to the aran cable. I also think the colors will work out really well. So go for it!

5:56 PM  
Blogger evergreenknits said...

Hi... you'd left me a comment on my blog (evergreenknits.blogspot.com) asking about my Malabrigo sweater. Thanks for leaving me a comment, and sorry it's taken me a while to reply!

I knitted mine on size 9 needles at 3.5 st/inch. I love the fabric it produced, and although it showed signs of wear very quickly, it's easy to take care of with a lint shaver.

As far as the heat factor -- even though mine was only a half-sweater, and it was knit up at a large gauge, it's super toasty. So be prepared for serious heating power!

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you knit up!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Previous List Next
RingSurf

Powered by Blogger