Rachael in GSO

Just a blog about my life, my knitting, my dogs, and my general state of confusion.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

NPR

Knitting made NPR's morning show on Friday. And who says knitting is in decline?? somebody needs to tell all the knitters - or just plain shut up about it.

Personally, I'm not that excited about the book - but I'm glad it's getting knitting a bit more publicity in general. I'm not a really big fan of pattern books - I like to look at the pictures, but only to get ideas, I'm REALLY not good at following patterns to the letter.

My mother says I've always been that way. I couldn't ever just follow the directions and do it the way they said - I had to tweak this and move that and change the color here and so on. And for most of my life I had about a 50/50 shot of finishing whatever project it might have been and loving it or hating it. I think at this point I'm working on about 75/25 ratio - and I"m happy with that. I'd rather love 75% of the things I make and hate the rest then just simply be 'satisfied' with all of them...

The new Magknits is up. And I think this sweater vest is just too cute, and the designer has some really cute patterns on her website. I think I wouldn't make it this long though - I'm okay with things being longer - but I'm not okay with the tunic style - my legs are short enough as it is, if my shirts are that long people will think I'm trying to wear a strange dress.

YAY - sunday morning with coffee and new knitting patterns - the world is full of possibilities - I'm off to knitpicks to look at yarn for the vest. I'm thinking maybe the dk weight merino in a vibrant color.

1 Comments:

Blogger ithinkearthisheaven said...

its great you have interest in knitting . most ladies donot like it anymore .

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Previous List Next
RingSurf

Powered by Blogger