Rachael in GSO

Just a blog about my life, my knitting, my dogs, and my general state of confusion.

Monday, October 09, 2006

FOs

okay - in order - the purple sweater (my first sweater ever) that I started in february in hopes of taking it on our honeymoon in may for the fickle french weather - that didn't pan out - so instead I redid the collar 5 times and used about 5 yards of the extra skein I had to pay $10 shipping for just to finish it...but it's done, cute, and seriously warm. and the shawl - in Schaeffer Elaine - I kept the yarn for 3 years trying to figure out what to make out of it and here it is. I think I'd be happy if the neck went a little higher - but I ran out of yarn...so unless I want to redo the whole thing and decrease faster to make that happen - it is what it is. I debuted it this evening and I think it worked pretty well.

 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger firefly said...

Very pretty work. Nice blog too.

~firefly
http://scrumptiousliving.wordpress.com

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, great sweater! That turned out really well, despite the 5 times you re-knit the collar. Well Done!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the colors of the shawl are great, but my fav is the eggplant sweater. Hope it gets cold enoght in NC for you to really wear it! Of course you could always move back to where you grew up!!

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Previous List Next
RingSurf

Powered by Blogger