Rachael in GSO

Just a blog about my life, my knitting, my dogs, and my general state of confusion.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

a sock & a dog

So here's my first sock! YAY! though the uselessness of only one sock is killing me. I used Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch to figure out the two circulars thing. I really like this book. The chapters are separated by number of stitches in the repetition and I found this exceedingly helpful. It even has a baby sock so you can learn all the techniques, something I find to be a wonderful tool, even if I never do it.

Anyway, this book has stitch directions for 4 dpns, 5 dpns, AND two circulars - and length and width measurements for women, children, and men's sizes including narrow, medium, and wide. It also tells you how to adjust if you just have a narrow heel, or long toes, or whatever...I tend to lean more towards the 'here's a guideline - now go make your own pattern' kind of books anyway. And this one really explained the different parts of the sock & how it was constructed MUCH better than others I had read - AND it even helped me understand kitchener stitch for the first time, after multiple tries in the past.
And of course here's Pixie, my cute little fuzzy dog who is so interested in the sock that I think it really must still smell a little bit like sheep.

YAY sock - now I just need to get the other one done so I'm not so much like that kid in the nursery rhyme with one sock off and one sock on. (diddle, diddle dumplin', my son john) Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Great Sock and great buttons! Look at you knowing your own template code! I might have to check out your sock book. I've only browsed sock patterns before but they just looked like agony so I usually passed. Your book sounds great though...

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock is awesome, and this is really a cool way to do photos. And of course I love seeing pics of my 'grand-doggies'!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Previous List Next
RingSurf

Powered by Blogger