Rachael in GSO

Just a blog about my life, my knitting, my dogs, and my general state of confusion.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Something Red

okay - here it is - Something Red - which is actually a barn red - though I think it looks like a rather garish pink in the pic. I finished the sleeves today - I did the one on the right first - as per the directions - and wasn't really happy with it - so I did the one on the left and I am much happier with that - so now to take out the one on the right and re-do it. sigh. I swear I'm not a perfectionist - but if I'm not - then why do redo I things numerous times??? well - the reality is - if I'm going to spend 30-60 hours or even hundreds - I have no idea how long it takes to actually knit something - to make a sweater - I'd rather spend another two and get it just exactly the way I want it then finish it and be eternally saying - I really think it would have been better if the ribbing started a little higher on the sleeves...

now I promised DH I would go back to his sweater once I finished the sleeves on this one - so the collar and button band is going to have to wait a bit. I wanted to finish both of them by the end of October - I may have to extend that deadline a few weeks. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Nice! I like your new sleeve better too. Be suree to write down your adjustments in case you want to knit yourself another one!! I forgot to do that once and had to spend 3 days trying to figure out what I originally did.

But you tend to be a smarted knitter than I am....so you probably won't have that problem.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachael,

I found your blog! Your dogs are really cute and I love the shawl you did, gorgeous colors! I envy you the weather and the gardening possibilities in NC. We're supposed to have snow tonight where I live (obviously not in the south) :)

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom says the sweater is great, and the second sleeve is soooo much better!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Previous List Next
RingSurf

Powered by Blogger