Rachael in GSO

Just a blog about my life, my knitting, my dogs, and my general state of confusion.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Something Red - FO


Here it is! Something Red - and it's lovely. I'm thrilled with it, and I really think I will wear it quite a bit.

My only issue is with the yarn. It's Swish Superwash from Knitpicks - and it's very soft and not at all itchy, BUT I do not recommend, under ANY circumstance, that you wash this yarn. First of all the ribbing separated out so I looked like I was wearing a maternity top and I had to rewet it and block it to get it to behave, and after that I spent about 2 hours with my trusty little electric fuzz buster turning it back into a wearable sweater. It had fuzzed so much that it looked like it was 2-3 years old, not brand new. I didn't do the inside, b/c I just don't have that much patience right now. So - superwash merino is a good idea theoretically, but I certainly wouldn't throw it in the washer again.

Oh - and this is my new haircut too...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is AWESOME and so is the new haircut!!!! You look so happy and super cute!!!

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is gorgeous and I'm not sure what your hair looked like before, but the new style is cute. Sorry to hear you had problems with KP yarn. I buy a ton of stuff from them -- it's good to know to be cautious when washing.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sweater is gorgeous. are you bringing it this weekend? i would like to see it up close. and yes, there are no bangs but i like the cut.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Previous List Next
RingSurf

Powered by Blogger